Welcome!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hello!

I hope everyone had as wonderful day as I did! I truly enjoyed myself! My daughter finally came and spent the better part of the day with me and it was like a new lease on life! Her phone rang constantly and she repeatedly told the callers she was sorry but she was spending some time with her mother today! I felt like a queen! We ate at the Chinese Rest, both had Beef Chop Suey, fried rice and an egg roll. Oh wow, it was so good but made even better because I was actually sitting at the table at the same time with my daughter. And I brought my "doggie bag" home for my supper, lol! When I came home my white cat, Amber, whom I posted so proudly about last night, made his grand escape, rolled in the dirt and turned into a black cat. While I was loudly protesting, I must admit I said a few cuss words, and looking for his brushes and combs to get the nastiness off him he got on the dining table and went to sleep in the serving tray. It took the rest of the day of on again, off again brushing to change him from a black cat to a grey cat. This is like having a kid in the house, lol, in fact I work harder trying to keep him clean than most people have to work to keep their children clean! LOL!!
My 12 year old grandson who is deaf to hard of hearing made the "A" honor roll and he along with several other "A" (hearing students) made "School Guards" in a ceremony in which the Sheriff went to the school and shook hands with the students. My daughter said she will download the pictures to my pc and I will post them on here. I am so proud of him!! He was born without an ear drum in one ear and very poor hearing in the other ear. When he was around six years old the Dr's took a skin graft from behind his ear and built an ear drum with it. It was almost a year before it actually "took" Two years later he blew it by diving in the Springs. Another year of wondering if it was going to heal or not. Last summer, a few short months ago he forgot and dove again. Blew it again. Its still hanging on, still working some and a lot of people are really praying for him. He's always had to wear a hearing aid and been the butt of cruelty from other kids at school but he didnt mind, he loved his hearing aid, it was his link to the spoken words regardless of how distorted the words sound. For instance, the word "thing" is "thang" to him. A couple of months ago his hearing aid was upgraded. It was his choice to pick a bright blue one. He wanted one that would stand out, would show other kids a hearing aid is not a "handicap" that he is not ashamed of his and they should wear theirs with pride too. Its a treasure that will link them to the beautiful world, to music, to the sounds of laughing, crying, the sounds birds, animals and babies make. And to actual  words, not just lip reading or sometimes having to second guess. So it was quite a feat for him to become an "A" honor student!
Have I mentioned that I am also part Cherokee and that I have a deep love for wolves? I am going to start posting a pic for you who also love them. Guess I'll go sit on my front porch some more. Good night to all and to The Real Deal a special goodnight and God Bless.


No comments:

Followers