Welcome!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Alrighty then!

I said I was going to talk about my stray cat who is no longer a stray. This past summer the man (Bill) across the street from me decided to rent a room to a friend (Bob) of his who was living down in Miami and told Bob it was ok to bring his cat. However when Bob got here the cat was so riddled with fleas Bill wouldnt let it in the house. Bob had the bright idea of rubbing the cat down in old burnt motor oil to "get rid of and kill the fleas" This is a white blue eyed cat with a tiny tint of orange on his face, ears and tail, a type of Siamese. Then neither of them wanted the greasy filthy cat in the house so he was left to his own. As he licked the motor oil off it coated his stomach and he began to starve as he couldnt get nutrients from food he found. One day he came here and I got a cloth and some suddsy (used Dawn dish washing liquid) warm water and started trying to help him get some of the oil off him. I also managed to get him to take a few laps of warm milk. Actually he had reached the dying by degree stage, his stomach no longer told him it was time to eat. One day I was sitting on the front porch eating a chicken breast sandwich when he came up and shared it with him. He managed to eat a couple of bites. From then on he stayed with me. I covered my furniture with sheets and continued to get the motor oil off him bit by bit. He bgan eating more and more and went from a stack of bones to a beautiful healthy cat. Bill said Bob is coming back soon and will "probably take him" I told Bill I hope there wont be any hard feelings between he and I as we are neighbors but if Bob takes MY cat I am going to call the Law to him. And I will. I named him Amber and hope to be able to have him "fixed" this coming month. This is his picture. 


I must add he has become very spoiled and now owns me. He sleeps wrapped around my head at night so it looks as if I have worn a furry white cap to bed, lol. I wish everyone a good night.

No comments:

Followers