Welcome!

Friday, April 9, 2010

A Friend "Lil Radar" posted these two poems

for me in Memory of my beloved cat, Amber. I am lost. My house is so empty and lonely. In the few short months I had him I gave him my whole heart and he gave me his.



To: Kitty
From: Amber


Weep not for me though I am gone
Into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed
For all those many months.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.

To: Amber
From: Kitty

I wish I could have told you,
in words you'd understand,
I wanted you to stay with me.
This wasn't what I'd planned.

I wish somehow to tell you,
How empty I now feel.
A part of me went with you,
A part that time can't heal.

I wish I'd once more hear you,
in your softly, rumbling purr,
to hold you on my lap again
and stroke your snow white fur.

I wish I had you back again,
to fill this empty space.
But one day we'll be together
in a far, far better place

with love, Kitty

No comments:

Followers