Welcome!

Friday, April 9, 2010

A Final Goodbye....

Amber, my sweet sweet baby, while you are waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge remember Mommy loves you very much.
My heart is so broken, mine and your house is so empty and lonely without you here streaking everywhere you went, your voice commenting on anything and everything, our many "talks" where we discussed everything from World Issues to the weather.
Please forgive me for anything I did that was harmful to you out of ignorance and stupidity. It is so hard for me to live with myself knowing I killed you with garlic. I should have called your Dr before giving you anything at all. I am devoured with guilt. I thought I was giving you the best in care, making sure another flea never bit you. Before you came into my life I was a very lonely old woman. You changed all that with your playing and our "conversations" .....you changed it with your constantly showing me love. 
I am so lost without you.
My house, my life is empty and lonely again.
Your Mommy 


Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

4 comments:

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Sis, I am so grieved at the loss of sweet Amber, and I know how lonely and lost you are without him. Try to look at it as not being in vain, as perhaps what happened to him will result in many other animals being saved. Of course that does not help with the loneliness and grief over his loss. I pray for your comfort in this horrible and tragic loss, and most of all I pray that you will stop blaming yourself. If this had happened to someone else, you would be the very first one to say "it was not your fault, you were doing the best you could".....and you would be right, so please be as loving and kind to yourself as you would be to another. I love you, sis.

Anonymous said...

Amber knows you did your best for him.
And your brain really knows you did your best for him.
Let your heart, broken as it may be, listen to them both and understand that you did your best for him.
You gave him love and when he got sick you gave him more than you had, sending him for care you couldn't really afford.
Love, even if it's only for a short time, is eternal.

Anonymous said...

Kitty, Amber knew how much you loved him. You must stop blaming yourself & remember all the good things you did for him. Like Sandra said, if this happened to someone else, you'd be the first to say it wasn't your fault....

Unknown said...

Dear Kitty, Your memorial to Amber was so touching. You cgave him several weeks of a good life that he probably wouldn't have had if you hadn't come along. Amber will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Followers