Welcome!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Real Deal blogged about

parents taking over when their children were being bullied for whatever the reason. They are so right! These pictures were taken two years ago when my youngest grandson was six years old and in kindergarden. You see, not only does my twelve year old g/son have serious medical problems but my youngest g/son, now eight years old was also born with a very bad speach impediment. He didnt just mispronounce certain letters or words, he literally sounded as if he was speaking another language and he has been in speach therapy since he was three years old. At that time my g/kids rode the school bus and at school and on the bus they were hell hacked, taunted, called names, picked at, just picked to death, Robbie, my twelve year old, because he wore/wears a hearing aid, Dallas, my ten year old g/daughter because she wears glasses and Dakota, my eight year old because of his speach impairment.
One afternoon, about two years ago all three of my g/kids got off the bus crying. A fifth grader had been making fun of Dakota and when the bus stopped in front of our house Dakota tried to explain to the boy his speach was getting "fixed" someday, that he went to Speach Therapy. The fifth grader, who was big for his age, (and with good reason, the punk/bully had failed a year) then laughed, punched Dakota in his face and told him to shut up and get his baby talking ass away from him. It also burst Dakota's lip. The next morning my daughter climbed on the school bus (with the angry driver screaming at her to get off of his bus and the driver also called the school and law and reported my daughter for "having unlawfully touched a school bus" ) and told every child on the bus if they touched one of her children again she was having them and their parents arrested, and also told the kid who punched Dakota she was filing charges against him and his parents that day.
Thats right, my friends, it is against the law to touch a school bus. The long and short of it is my daughter was placed, by phone order from the law, under house arrest until the school decided what action to take against her. The school finally decided she owed them and the bus driver an apology and promise never to touch a bus again.
Nothing. Absolutely nothing was done to the boy or his parents by the School or by the Law for what happened to Dakota. Nothing. And my daughter couldnt do anything about it. No one would cooperate with her. No One. My g/son had to accept the fact he fell through the cracks and he was abused like this by another child because he couldnt speak clearly.
Nancy, I hope you see this. These are the pictures I told you I would find to show you. So Nancy, you see how much I appreciate your post, your advice. Thank you. I just hope people will listen.

Then parents cant understand why their children grew up to be violent. Because they let them do things like this to other children and get away with it when they were little. Thats why.

3 comments:

Naila said...

so sad. kids can be so cruel. more people need to spread awareness about bullying. it is growing out of hand.

Unknown said...

You are so right, Naila. It is out of hand. Little small children are committing suicide. Killing themselves to get out of facing another day being tormented by another child. How awful!! I learned today my little g/son, Dakota, now eight years old, cries at school because he is bullied by other children because of his speach. My daughter is constantly at the school. Who will not do anything about it. The children(s) parents arent taking their child's behavior seriously. I told her to use the "Bullying Law"...go after the parents.

Pastors CarlosnNancy Advincola, Sr. said...

No one should have to go through what: your, your daughter, and your grandson went through. May the LORD continue to give guidance to "ALL" the other: Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Parents, and etc.

My family and I are so BLISSFULLY BLESSED to know a person like you that Shine a Light on such an Ignored Issue in today's society.

BLESSINGS,

Followers