Welcome!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hello, hello, hello!!!

Today is absolutely beautiful, sunny, balmy...dreamy....should be like this all year long.... after a night of 32 degrees in which my cat Amber and I slept warmly. My daughter and 12 year old grandson came by for a few minutes. He had to go back to the Dr's, had another spider bite on his leg and Staph infection has set in as it did 2 years ago when both he and my g/daughter were bitten by Brown Recluse spiders. (While they and Black Widows are a Desert Spider, they have hitched hiked in people's suit cases, underneath their cars and so on until they are very common here in Florida.) The same with Western Rattlers and any other snakes, only for the most part people sneak them here as "pets" and turn them loose when they become to dangerous to keep. Or until someone reports them. Then the "proper authorities" turn them loose anyway after the person is fined to the hilt. These animals used to be killed until the Animal Activists got so involved, thank goodness! (Law prohibits certain animals being in captivity) Yes, my g/kids have immediate medical care when bitten but the Staph infection always follows bites from certain spiders so my daughter isnt negligent in any manner.
I am trying to think of some "way" or some "thing" to better my life. (Actually I dont have a life other than getting up and going through the motions of breathing and eating during the day unless screaming at the cat for rolling in the dirt, then laying on my dining table is considered an "activity") While I dont expect people to materialize as friends at my front door I also find it next to impossible to make friends. The only people I seem to meet are those who love being a "hermit" They cant say "goodbye" fast enough and rush home to shut the door and world out behind them. To be alone with themselves...they are their best friend.  I am a "people person" I would just love planning a meal or a cook out on the back porch with family and friends talking and laughing together...like we did back when I was Somebody, back when I was needed, (or was I just Needed instead of Wanted back then too??) Am I on a "pity" trip? Could be. Or do I have a valid reason for asking that? Could be. As you sit and judge me as a "whiner" and tell me "to pull my big girl panties up and deal with it" are you walking this same road and face my same problems in your future? Could be.


No comments:

Followers